- San Jose, Costa Rica’s capital, sits in the Central Valley region with the Talamanca Mountains to the south and volcanoes to the north.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca is a coastal town in Talamanca in Limón Province in southeastern Costa Rica, known simply as Puerto Viejo to locals.
- Costa Rica is a rugged, rain forested Central American country with coastlines on the Caribbean and Pacific. Though its capital, San Jose, is home to cultural institutions like the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, Costa Rica is known for its beaches, volcanoes and immense biodiversity.
DAY 01: SAN JOSE
Meet our representative upon arrival at airport and transfer to the hotel for check-in. Then the rest of the day is free for you, and you can explore the city on your own or relax at hotel and overnight stay.
DAY 02: SAN JOSE-POAS VOLCANO-COFFEE HACIENDA-SAN JOSE
Proceed in the early morning to take a stroll through Alajuela city near San Jose. After breakfast visit the largest craters, the Poas Volcano National Park. Then proceed to an old coffee processing plant and learn how its cultivation, harvesting, roasting and percolation techniques in this place. Return back to San Jose, and you will take a tour in brief of its historical sites. Return back to hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 03: SAN JOSE
After breakfast the day is free, where you can go for optional excursions on your interest. The best option what we mostly recommend you to take a rafting trip on the Pacuare River once if you are physically fit. And other option what we suggest to take is cable car over the humid rainforest of the Braulio Carrillo National Park. Return back to hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 04: SAN JOSE-TARCOLES RIVER-MANUEL ANTONIO-BALLENA NATIONAL MARINE PARK
After breakfast, check out hotel and leave San Jose to travel towards the Pacific Coast. You will stop first at the Tarcoles River: it is home to giant crocodiles of which will be almost 10 metres long where you can see them while you take a boat trip on the river. Then go around the beaches of Manuel Antonio and enjoy the beach views, relish in the cool water as well as sunset. Later proceed to the Ballena National Marine Park and check in to hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 05: BALLENA NATIONAL MARINE PARK
After breakfast proceed for a boat ride on the Ballena National Marine Park, with views of beaches and cliffs. It is possible to see turtles, whales, seabirds and dolphins. Return back to the hotel for lunch and the rest of the day is at free, you can enjoy in pool or in beach till evening. At night you will be transferred to the village of Ojochal, where you can taste the authentic and varied cuisine. Return back to hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 06: BALLENA PAK- DOMINICAL- DOTA
After breakfast enjoy the whole morning at the dominical beach. Horse ride is an optional where you can go in the mountains to see waterfalls in Costa Rica. Later in the afternoon, proceed to the hidden valley of San Gerardo de Dota which is surrounded by mountains and also with forest. Overnight stay in Dota.
DAY 07: DOTA- CARTAGO- GUAYABO ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE- PUERTO VIEJO
After breakfast you will begin your day with hike in the forest at 5O C, this is the only place for the exquisite Quetzal bird. Later transfer to the city of Cartago, to visit the Basilica de Los Angeles (Basilica of Angels). Proceed towards the Turrialba, and next admission into the archaeological site: the Guayabo National Monument. Enter into the Caribbean plains toward Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 08: PUERTO VIEJO CARIBBEAN COAST AND ITS CHOCOLATE
This morning is free after breakfast to relish the beach or the hotel facilities. Afternoon will be dedicated to the world of cocoa, the Costa Rica’s indigenous culture. Learn how to cultivate, fermentation and roasting of the cocoa, and how it is converting into delicious hand-crafted chocolate and have a chance to taste the chocolate of this region. Later at night you will be transferred to the small village of Puerto Viejo so you can enjoy the authentic and varied cuisine, the beach bars and small craft markets. Later return back to hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 09: PUERTO VIEJO OR BOCAS DEL TORO, PANAMA, PUERTO VIEJO
After breakfast, the day is free to enjoy at the beach. We suggest you to explore archipelago of Bocas Del Toro at Panama an optional tour. This group of islands are close to the coast harbours beautiful structures on stilts over the sea. You shall have sufficient time to go around Bocas Town, take a picturesque watercraft trek to a few islands and snorkel in an absolutely untainted islet, encompassed by corals in turquoise waters. Return back to hotel in the evening, rest of the day is at free and overnight stay.
DAY 10: PUERTO VIEJO- LIMÓN - SAN JOSÉ
After breakfast you will go towards Limon, which is the place of biggest ports in Costa Rica. You will have a mobile voyage through the port to find out about its history. You can test the well known "Soda el patty", a nearby pie that is well known in this region, and we include watercraft trip along the canals of Moín, where you will learn about the life of the crab anglers in a present day ports. Later refresh and return back to San José, where you will reach in the afternoon and transfer to the Airport for your departure back home/for your onward journey.
Hotels Offered :
|San José||Park Inn By Radisson San José|
|Ballena National Marine Park||Cuna Del Angel Hotel, Hotel Resort & Spa Cristal Ballena|
|Puerto Viejo||Cariblue Beach And Jungle Resort|
Activity Difficulty Level
Select out of 5
Prices & Dates
From: ` 110505 Per person double occupancy
- Contact Us For Dates
- Travel by coach with a English speaking guide, basic travel insurance, typical American breakfast and porter service in hotels that offer this service.
- Arrival transfer is included.
- Excursion: Hike with nature guide in Dota.
- Boat: Trip along the river in Rio Tarcoles, Tour of the National Park in the Ballena National Marine
- Park, Tour along the canals of Moin in Limón.
- Sightseeing tour in: Limón.
- Night transfer: To the village of Ojochal, to the centre of Puerto Viejo.
Price Does Not Include
- Air tickets and airport taxes
- supplement for Guide service as per the itinerary
- Supplement for Entrance fee at Monuments as per the itinerary
- Supplement for Special activities as per the itinerary
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- 9 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- All rates are based on minimum 2 Passengers traveling together at all tours.
- Surcharges apply for any trade fair/special event in city.
- All rates and availability are subject to change at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to use alternative accommodation, sight seeing tours and transfer of equal or higher standards .
- No refunds either in part or full will be made for any unused services in above package like ground transportation, meals, accommodation, sightseeing tours.
In addition to everyday wear here’s a check list of items you should ideally carry on your trip. This list is not exhaustive but contains almost everything you need to enjoy your trip.
- First aid kit
- Medicines to any specific health problems
- Medicines for common problems such as cold, fever
- Cash/travelers cheques
- Credit/Debit cards
- Inform credit card company that you are traveling
- Save all required information online in a secure account
- Camera + charger & battery
- Travel power adapter
- Smartphone + charger
- Laptop/tablet + charger
- Purchase foreign SIM card if necessary
- Rain coat
- Flat walking shoes
- Trekking shoes if necessary
- Inform family you are traveling
- Leave emergency numbers
- Install tracking apps